Hormones play a vital part in maintaining the stability of the human body. They are like the oil in the machinery of the body, which aids in the smooth functioning of all the bodily activities. Human growth hormone (HGH) is produced by the pituitary gland. HGH is also known as somatotrophic hormone and it is responsible for growth in general, specifically the growth of bones, protein synthesis, fat metabolism, improved circulation and also plays a major role in regulating the sugar content in the body. Sometimes children and also adults may experience a shortage of growth hormones due to a variety of reasons. In children the main symptoms are short stature and weak muscle structure. Whereas in adults the deficiency of these hormones is not explicitly noticed, but include some of the following symptoms like reduced muscle mass, lowered energy and performance, sleep deprivation and moodiness. In normal adults, HGH reduces with age and hence leads to muscle loss and fat accumulation. Athletes and body-builders constantly require a high energy level and this is provided by the growth hormone.
Supplementary or complementary methods
These include a diverse range of natural and synthetically manufactured products. They are given in order to stimulate the release of HGH in the body. There are multiple products that help in this regard. Read further to grab more knowhow about these products like Amino acid supplements, Melatonin supplements, GABA supplements, HGH pills and HGH injections.
- Amino acid supplements: Growth hormone is made up of 191 amino acid chains. A combination of the two amino acids, L-arginine and L-lysine, taken before exercise or going to bed is shown to increase growth hormone levels by a huge percentage. Some of the other amino acids supplements that aid in increasing the growth hormone secretion are L-glutamine, L-isoleucine, L-tyrosine, L-valine.
- Melatonin supplements: Melatonin is found naturally in the human body as a hormone. Synthetically produced Melatonin is used as a medicine for various purposes. The main function of Melatonin is reinforce sound sleep. It regulates the internal time clock. Supplements of Melatonin consumed before going to sleep, have shown a significant increase in the level of human growth hormones.
- GABA supplements: Gamma Amino Butyric Acid plays a key role in GH secretion. Recent studies show that a small amount of GABA, consumed just before exercise, results in a higher hGH secretion.
- HGH pills: These contain synthetically produced growth hormone and directly work at increasing the level of growth hormone in the body. Somatonorm is one such growth hormone which is identical to HGH. It is prescribed for children and adults with growth hormone issues. Nowadays these pills are available over the counter and are not so expensive.
- HGH injections: These are another method to increase the level of growth hormone in the human system. Injections are expensive, prescription based and to be administered routinely. These are natural but not ideal for all.
It is up to the patient and his physician to decide which method or which combination of methods will suit their individual need.